This is for up to 5 hours of PD depending on how many options you participate in. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to see all of the different links.
Experience (Streaming) is a simple-to-use, learning platform that combines dynamic curated curriculum resources with on-demand teaching strategies, personlized for your needs as an educator. Watch this short video to learn how you and your students can use this resource
Now with over 280,000 resources for EVERY content area- including fine & visual arts, career & life skills and more. Find videos, images, audibooks/podcasts and other VETTED resources to expand your students learning. Every piece of content can be assigned to students or shared directly to Google Classroom or can be found through your Canvas extension.
1. Register for THIS professional development.
2. Enroll in the Canvas Professional Development Course
3. Choose the professional development opportunities linked below.
4. Complete and submit the Discovery Education Experience Reflection
5. Once reviewed, you will earn 1 hour of Professional Development per experience.
- Virtual Field Trips Channel: Take your students beyond the classroom walls and into some of the world's most iconic locations for rich and immersive learning experiences—no permission slips required. Use the filters to find grade-appropriate content. Download the Educators Guide for pre & post VFT activities-
- Spotlight on Strategies: Creative, research-based instructional strategies that incorporate digital media in meaningful, effective, and practical ways.
- SOS for the SOS – use these resources to dive deeper into utilizing the Spotlight on Strategies within your school
- Instructional Inspiration Channel: A collection of grab-and-go lesson activities that combine Discovery Education content and strategies you love into a flexible format for modification or turnkey assignment.
- Channels: Channels have been built for topics that you teach daily. They are a collection of content to help you find what you are looking for in a fast way. Here is a direct link to all of the Channels that are currently built within DE. Use the filters to find specific content & subscribe to your favorite channels.
- A few of my favorite resources & publishers to check out (search using the search bar!):
- Magic School Bus
- Weston Woods & Scholastic
- Sid the Science Kid
- Math Explanations: Search “Grade 03”-“Grade 08”, “Algebra”, “Geometry” etc.
- Podcasts & Audiobooks and over 3000 additional titles (Hunger Games, Anne of Green Gables, Goosebumps & so many more!)
- Historical Speeches & Documents
- Lodge McCammon Songs- All content areas
- Remember to search by Standards to make lesson planning easier! Common Core & NGSS included
Professional Learning: Use these resources to learn a bit more about Experience and Techbook!
Presented by Tammy Trzebiatowski and Felecity Treptow
- Step-by-Step Guide: Everything you need to understand the resources, tools, and programs to start or continue your digital journey with Discovery Education. These step-by-step guides can be used for quick reference or printed as handouts- including Techbooks & Experience
- Interactive Learning Courses: Interactive learning courses offer opportunities to maximize digital resources in your classroom. Interactive learning courses share tips, tricks, and practical integration strategies for using digital resources and maximizing your experience with Discovery Education. Whether you are new to Discovery Education or have been using it for years, the interactive learning courses offer opportunities to maximize Discovery Education in your classroom. We just created a BRAND NEW Experience course that is awesome!
- Upcoming Virtual Events:: Join other educators across the country to learn, share and connect about how they are going digital for their students & communities.