- Targeted PD audience: ANY teacher grades K-12 Math
- TOTAL PD HOURS: 90 minutes per session with required written reflection for each section to be uploaded to Canvas you will receive a Canvas Invite after you register for the PD.(Provides potential of 90 minutes to 20 hours of PD available per individual choice - complete 1 up to 13 webcasts and upload your responses. Any attendance entered between now and May 14, will be uploaded to your Skyward profile on May 15. The hours will be counted toward this years professional development hours.)
- A new session will be added after May 15, this will be an ongoing opportunity through May 30, 2020.
Directions: On the website, https://www.nctm.org/100/ you will find access to recordings to webcasts, some of which have already occurred, as well as opportunity to register for multiple upcoming webcasts (which you can then choose to view live or view after they are made available as recordings; each webcast is around 60 minutes with 30 minutes allotted for your written reflection/response). After viewing each webcast you chose, create an individual, written response for EACH webcast you have viewed. Use the following questions to guide your responses:
- What ideas struck you?
- What were your "big ticket" take-aways?
- How are the ideas and information presented related to your instruction?
- To student performance and assessment in your classroom?
- Did the work increase your understanding of a particular issue?
- Did it change your perspective in any way?
- Describe one idea that you can directly apply to your teaching practices.
Once you have completed a response for each webcast you have chosen to view, you will upload the response(s) to the assignments page on the Canvas Class Math PD - NCTM that you will be invited to by Dr. Thompson upon registration for the PD. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please reach out to Jane Kemp via her email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by Webcasts-Multiple Choices