Want to cut through the complexity of working with youth with challenging pasts and be provided real solutions that can be applied immediately?
Learn more about:
- How trauma affects the brain
- Why the intense and extremely upsetting behaviors they see represent attempts to self-protect and survive
- The science behind healthy attachment relationships and why such bonds form the foundation for emotional and neurological healing
- How to apply Love and Logic strategies to take good care of themselves while addressing root causes…not just symptoms.
- Establishing healthy boundaries, avoiding destructive power struggles, overcoming defiance, and guiding these youth toward success
- And many more skills and concepts applicable to kids who need hope
Classes will be facilitated by Debbie Chapman and Cassie Cerny, both elementary school counselors. We will meet in the Weston Library/IMC, located towards the back of the building. Each night we will have a light pizza dinner. Free childcare will be provided, so please feel free to bring your child(ren) along
Presented by Debbie Chapman and Cassie Cerny