What is Love and Logic® for Teachers?
Love and Logic® is a method of working with students which was developed by educational expert Jim Fay, child psychiatrist Foster W. Cline, M.D. and Charles Fay, Ph. D. Love and Logic® has many tools for educations, Principals, and districts that promote healthy parent/teacher and teacher/student relationships and positive school wide discipline. And yes, Love and Logic® works with all other school discipline programs. It actually makes them better!
Why is works:
- • When adults take care of themselves, they hand the problem back to the student who created it.
- • When the student has to solve the problem, they have to think.
- • When students have to think, they learn that decisions have consequences.
- • When students have to deal with consequences, they learn to think.
- • When we allow students to deal with the consequences, they learn to think before they cause a problem.
- • When the student learns to ask themselves, “How is this behavior going to affect me?” they have learned self-control
Love and Logic® helps educators, administrators, and counselors:
- • Set limits in the classroom without anger
- • Provide underachievers hope when the going gets tough
- • Raise the odds for kids to stay in school
- • Build strong connections between home and school
- • Manage disruptive students both immediate and long term
- • Make teaching and learning more fun and productive
- • Get and keep students attention
- • Build positive student-teacher relationships
- • Help students own and solve their own problems
- • Bully proof children, diffuse power struggles, and handle difficult people
Pete Tabor is a Grade 1-2 Multiage Teacher at Mountain Bay Elementary. He has taught both parents and teachers the tools of Love and Logic® for over 17 years. Melissa Meyer is a school counselor at Evergreen Elementary. She brings over 15 years of experience helping students, parents, and teachers discover Love and Logic®.
Presented by Pete Tabor and Melissa Meyer